During these past 10 years, NTPT™ has developed techniques to spread fibers from untwisted tows. All types of fibers can be spread:
- Carbon Fibers
- Down to 30gsm for PAN-based fibers
- Even down to 15gsm for fibers such as
- Down to 90gsm with pitch fiber K63712
- Down to 40 gsm with pitch fibers such as YSH70
- Glass Fiber down to 48gsm with S-glass 9 microns
- Quartz Fiber down to 30gsm with 14 microns fiber
- Aramid Fibers down to 20gsm
- PBO and other synthetic fibers down to 30gsm or less
North Thin Ply Technology makes the thinnest unidirectional prepreg tapes in the world.
For Thin Ply Prepreg product datasheets please visit our datasheets page
THIN PLY PREPREG SYSTEMS
NTPT ThinPreg™ 150SC
- Designed for the automotive market due to snap-cure capability for fast cycle times
- Commonly used in press moulding and autoclave processes, designed for use with an ATL for high production volume components
- Cure time from 4 minutes down to 30 seconds
- Ideal for prepregs 100-300gsm, suitable for a variety of fibres
NTPT ThinPreg™ 402
- Epoxy prepreg system using high or intermediate modulus fibres spread to produce 15-30gsm UD tapes.
- Can also be delivered as multiaxial preforms produced on in house ATL machines for lowest weight parts or sandwich panels skins.
- 402 resin system provides a Tg above 180°C for demanding applications such as F1, LMP and other motorsport classes.
- Suitable for autoclave/vacuum bag processing.
NTPT ThinPreg™ TP135
- Highly toughened epoxy prepreg system developed to harness next generation resin performance and increased properties achievable with thin plies.
- With a first ply failure tensile strength of >900MPa and high compression after impact this product is specifically for highly loaded applications such as Aerospace, F1 and motorsport structural parts, where properties after impact are a key design driver.
- All fibre types and combinations available upon request.
- Autoclave processing recommended.
NTPT ThinPreg™ 380CE
- Cyanate ester prepreg system for the most demanding high temperature applications.
- With a Tg of over 350°C after postcure, these materials are suitable for structural composite applications in space.
NTPT ThinPreg™ 513
- Highly suited to autoclave processing.
- Toughened for high mechanical properties.
- Unidirectional tapes 30g/m2 – 300g/m2.
- Suitable for machined blocks and high performance structures.
NTPT ThinPreg™ materials for UAVs
- NTPT™ supplies prepreg systems for UAV components where absolute weight saving is critical for endurance.
- Most carbon fibres (intermediate, high and ultra-high modulus fibres) including pitch fibres can be spread to the lowest aerial weights to deliver the ultimate in super light, super stiff structures.
- These super low aerial weight products can be produced using a number of the NTPT™ ThinPreg™ resin systems.