Fishing rods are a natural home for thin ply materials through the freedom to achieve multiple fibre angles, with high modulus fibre, while maintaining low thickness and weight in a thin-wall high-performance tube.
- By use of the best ply weights and optimum ply angles at all positions along the tube
- By producing a smoother taper in the wall thickness, due to the thinner ply drops
- By enabling more frequent off-axis plies within the predominantly longitudinal layup
More design freedom
- By providing more options for the proportions of fibre at any chosen ply angle
More consistent performance
- By reducing the size of 'seams' resulting from ply overlaps
- By more accurate material placement using the ATL
- By reducing ply weight variations (fibre and resin) in the prepreg
For the ultimate in tube performance, NTPT™ can manufacture lightweight prepreg tape from ultra-high modulus carbon fibre grades (including pitch carbon grades).
NTPT™ also delivers slit tape in widths down to 12mm for customers using the tape winding process.